St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church is located on the corner of Front Street and Welles Street in the Hanover section of Nanticoke. The outside edifice is quaint but presents an impressive view from many vantage points in the surrounding area. Whether driving into town from the North or standing at the end of Market Street in the town looking out from the south-west over the Hanover section, where the lovely gold cupolas shine above the treetops, St. John's provides a warm and inviting welcome to all to "Come and See" (John 4:29)
We are open for services. Come and See!
St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church (Edwardsville, PA) welcomes all to the 24th Annual Ethnic Food Festival on Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 93 Zerby Avenue in Edwardsville from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Foods featured will be Handmade Pierogies, Piggies (stuffed cabbage), Pagach, and Pulled Pork sandwiches. NO pre-orders will be taken. Dine in or take out. Theme Basket raffle tickets will also be for sale.
- 07/20/22 - Holy Synod Statement on same-sex relationships and sexual identity
- 05/24/22 - Diocesan Camp Fees Waived
- 04/24/22 - His Eminence Archbishop Mark's Letter on Pascha
- 04/17/22 - His Eminence Archbishop Mark's Letter on Palm Sunday
- 03/02/22 - Great Lent 2022
- 02/28/22 - YES North America Colege Retreat
- 01/01/22 - A Happy, Healthy, and Blessed New Year!