Dearest to God,
Glory to Jesus Christ!
This is one of the most challenging Lents in memory. The COVID-19/ Corona Virus is causing quite a disturbance and inducing much fear and anxiety in our society at present. The Holy Synod of Bishops of the OCA issued a Statement to the Church, as well as a follow-up letter by our Archbishop Mark, outlining some directives. You can read them in our news section below. Sadly, our services are temporarily suspended publically through April 30th.
1911 - 2020
CHRIST IS IN OUR MIDST!
Welcome to our Church. God Bless You.
St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church is located on the corner of Front Street and Welles Street in the Hanover section of Nanticoke. The outside edifice is quaint but presents an impressive view from many vantage points in the surrounding area. Whether driving into town from the North or standing at the end of Market Street in the town looking out from the south/west over the Hanover section, where the lovely gold cupolas shine above the treetops, St. John's provides a warm and inviting welcome to all to "Come and See" (John 4:29)
- 04/03/20 - His Eminence, Archbishop MARK has released an Archpastoral Directive regarding continued suspension of services.
- 04/02/20 - All public services are temporarily suspended until April 30th.
- 03/30/20 - Holy Synod, Metropolitan Council Issue Coronavirus Statement and Directives.
- 03/23/20 - List of Live Streaming Services in our Diocese.
- 03/20/20 - Please follow This Link for the Orthodox Streaming Services in the US (all jurisdictions).
- 03/17/20 - In the light of the statement of the OCA's Holy Synod of Bishops, all public services are cancelled until April 1st at the earliest. His Eminence Archbishop Mark issues Archpastoral Directive.
- 03/14/20 - Holy Synod releases Statement on Coronavirus outbreak - Click Here to visit OCA website or Download Statement.
- 02/21/20 - 2020 Lenten Teen Retreat sponsored by our sister Diocese of NY/NJ - Click here for more info.
- 02/13/20 - Holy Resurrection Cathedral, located at 591 N. Main St., Wilkes Barre, PA, will be hosting Dr. David Ford on Tuesday Feb. 25th at 6:30 p.m. The presentation is called: "Gems of Wisdom from St. John Chrysostom, in Brand-New Translation." Following the presentation there will be time for Q & A and refreshments will also be served.
- 02/11/20 - 2020 Great Lent Mission Vespers Schedule is available here - Lenten Mission Vespers Schedule.
- 02/10/20 - Clergy Pre-Lenten Retreat will take place on Feb 26-27 - Click here for more info.
- 02/06/20 - St.Tikhon' Summer Camp Registration now open - Click here for more info.
- 02/04/20 - Spring 2020 Women's Retreat - Please see the Flyer and Letter.
- 01/26/20 - Council Officers Installation
- 01/23/20 - Diocesan Assembly
- 01/19/20 - No service due to snow storm
- 01/01/20 - A Happy, Healthy, and Blessed New Decade!
- 11/03/19 - General Assembly
- 09/07/19 - Mary Paprota fell asleep in the Lord. Memory Eternal!
- 08/10/19 - Harold Lazo fell asleep in the Lord. Memory Eternal!
- 06/23/19 - Church Feast and Archpastoral visit
- 04/14/19 - Archpastoral Visit
- 01/29/19 - Holy Synod's Pastoral Letter regarding issues in the Ukraine: Archpastoral Letter
- 01/18/19 - Due to the snow storm all services are cancelled for Sunday January 20th.
- 01/01/19 - A Happy, Healthy, and Blessed New Year