1911 - 2018
CHRIST IS IN OUR MIDST!
Welcome to our Church. God Bless You.
St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church is located on the corner of Front Street and Welles Street in the Hanover section of Nanticoke. The outside edifice is quaint but presents an impressive view from many vantage points in the surrounding area. Whether driving into town from the North or standing at the end of Market Street in the town looking out from the south/west over the Hanover section, where the lovely gold cupolas shine above the treetops, St. John's provides a warm and inviting welcome to all to "Come and See" (John 4:29)
- 10/30/18 - His Beatitude's Archpastoral letter on the shooting in Pittsburgh October 27th: Click Here
- 10/28/18 - General Assembly meeting.
- 10/10/18 - Pearl Zupko fell asleep in the Lord. Memory Eternal!
- 08/11/18 - We will have Liturgy service on Dormition Feast, Wednesday 8/15/18 at 9 AM
- 07/09/18 - There will be no services on Sunday July 15th and 22nd. Readers service only on Sunday July 29th.
- 02/20/18 - Click to download the 2018 Lenten Mission Service Schedule
- 02/18/18 - Forgiveness Sunday - Vespers served right after the Divine Liturgy followed by the ritual of forgiveness. " O Lord and Master of my life..."
- 02/15/18 - Clergy Retreat - Aston, PA
- 01/29/18 - There will be no Vespers service on Saturday, February 3rd. The Sacrament of Confession can now be administered on Sundays, after the Divine Liturgy. Please contact Fr. Stafiuc for more details.
- 12/25/17 - CHRIST IS BORN! GLORIFY HIM!
- 12/16/17 - A Special Thank You: This past week St. John's received a check in the amount of $1,000 from the Estate of Dorothy Phillips. We are grateful and thankful for her most generous donation. May her memory be eternal! Vechnaya Pamyat!
- 12/15/17 - Installation of Officers: Archbishop Mark approved the Council Officers for this forthcoming year and they will be installed immediately following the Divine Liturgy on Sunday December 17th.
- 11/26/17 - Michal Dutzar Jr. fell asleep in the Lord on November 18th at Wilkes Barre General Hospital. A Panikhida was served at Davis-Dinelli Funeral Home in Nanticoke on Wednesday, November 22nd and also at the interment place, Oak Lawn Cemetery, on Friday, November 24th.
- 11/26/17 - Memorial Service: A Litya will be served on Sunday November 26 following the Divine Liturgy for the repose of the souls of Anthony Yurkon offered by Bonnie and Tony Yurkon and Dorothy Phillips offered by James and Mary Ann Oram and family. May their Memory be Eternal!