An update about the COVID-19/ Corona Virus: We have a tentative of re-opening the church for public services on the Feast of Pentecost. Until then, you may access past Streaming videos and links to future services below. Thank you.
- Sunday May 31, 2020 - Divine Liturgy - Fathers of 1st Ecumenical Council
- Sunday May 24, 2020 - No Service
- Sunday May 17, 2020 - Divine Liturgy - Samaritan Woman
- Sunday May 10, 2020 - Divine Liturgy - The Paralytic
- Sunday May 3, 2020 - Divine Liturgy - The Myrrh-bearing Women
- Saturday May 2, 2020 - Blessing of graves at St. John's Cemetery and Oak Lawn Cemetery
- Sunday April 26, 2020 - Divine Liturgy - St. Thomas' Sunday
- Sunday April 19, 2020 - Paschal Liturgy 9:30 am
- Saturday April 18, 2020 - Paschal Service Matins 6 pm
- Sunday April 12, 2020 - Hours + Divine Liturgy - Palm Sunday
- Saturday April 11, 2020 - Vespers + Commemoration Service
- Sunday April 5, 2020 - Divine Liturgy - St.Mary of Egypt
1911 - 2020
CHRIST IS IN OUR MIDST!
Welcome to our Church. God Bless You.
St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church is located on the corner of Front Street and Welles Street in the Hanover section of Nanticoke. The outside edifice is quaint but presents an impressive view from many vantage points in the surrounding area. Whether driving into town from the North or standing at the end of Market Street in the town looking out from the south/west over the Hanover section, where the lovely gold cupolas shine above the treetops, St. John's provides a warm and inviting welcome to all to "Come and See" (John 4:29)
- 05/18/20 - Letter from His Eminence Archbisop Mark on Visitor Protocol.
- 05/16/20 - Recent letter from His Eminence Archbisop Mark on re-opening churches for public services.
- 05/05/20 - His Eminence Archbishop Mark's letter on steps to re-opening churches for public service
- 05/01/20 - Our Diocesan Chancellor, V. Rev.Fr. Martin Browne sent us a Survey to be submitted by our members regarding returning to Church once we re-open and offer public services.
- 05/01/20 - Update on Covis-19 virus: the Holy Synod issued a Pastoral Letter and Directives towards re-opening churches for public services.
- 04/17/20 - The blessing of the baskets will take place tomorrow from 12 noon to 1 pm in the lot accross St. John's.
- 04/03/20 - His Eminence, Archbishop MARK has released an Archpastoral Directive regarding continued suspension of services.
- 04/02/20 - All public services are temporarily suspended until April 30th.
- 03/30/20 - Holy Synod, Metropolitan Council Issue Coronavirus Statement and Directives.
- 03/23/20 - List of Live Streaming Services in our Diocese.
- 03/20/20 - Please follow This Link for the Orthodox Streaming Services in the US (all jurisdictions).
- 03/17/20 - In the light of the statement of the OCA's Holy Synod of Bishops, all public services are cancelled until April 1st at the earliest. His Eminence Archbishop Mark issues Archpastoral Directive.
- 03/14/20 - Holy Synod releases Statement on Coronavirus outbreak - Click Here to visit OCA website or Download Statement.
- 02/21/20 - 2020 Lenten Teen Retreat sponsored by our sister Diocese of NY/NJ - Click here for more info.
- 02/13/20 - Holy Resurrection Cathedral, located at 591 N. Main St., Wilkes Barre, PA, will be hosting Dr. David Ford on Tuesday Feb. 25th at 6:30 p.m. The presentation is called: "Gems of Wisdom from St. John Chrysostom, in Brand-New Translation." Following the presentation there will be time for Q & A and refreshments will also be served.
- 02/11/20 - 2020 Great Lent Mission Vespers Schedule is available here - Lenten Mission Vespers Schedule.
- 02/10/20 - Clergy Pre-Lenten Retreat will take place on Feb 26-27 - Click here for more info.
- 02/06/20 - St.Tikhon' Summer Camp Registration now open - Click here for more info.
- 02/04/20 - Spring 2020 Women's Retreat - Please see the Flyer and Letter.
- 01/26/20 - Council Officers Installation
- 01/23/20 - Diocesan Assembly
- 01/19/20 - No service due to snow storm
- 01/01/20 - A Happy, Healthy, and Blessed New Decade!
- 11/03/19 - General Assembly
- 09/07/19 - Mary Paprota fell asleep in the Lord. Memory Eternal!
- 08/10/19 - Harold Lazo fell asleep in the Lord. Memory Eternal!
- 06/23/19 - Church Feast and Archpastoral visit
- 04/14/19 - Archpastoral Visit
- 01/29/19 - Holy Synod's Pastoral Letter regarding issues in the Ukraine: Archpastoral Letter
- 01/18/19 - Due to the snow storm all services are cancelled for Sunday January 20th.
- 01/01/19 - A Happy, Healthy, and Blessed New Year