St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church is located on the corner of Front Street and Welles Street in the Hanover section of Nanticoke. The outside edifice is quaint but presents an impressive view from many vantage points in the surrounding area. Whether driving into town from the North or standing at the end of Market Street in the town looking out from the south-west over the Hanover section, where the lovely gold cupolas shine above the treetops, St. John's provides a warm and inviting welcome to all to "Come and See" (John 4:29)
We are open for services. Come and See!
- 12/08/23 - His Eminence Archbishop Mark's Seminarian Christmas Appeal
- 11/30/23 - Joann Uhas fell asleep in the Lord on November 26th. Memory Eternal! (Obituary)
- 10/15/23 - Archbishop Mark's Appeal for Seminarian Support
- 07/29/23 - Archbishop Mark's Thank You Letter for supporting Youth Ministry
- 06/20/23 - Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry Implementation Packet
- 04/14/23 - His Eminence Archbishop Marks' Message on Pascha
- 03/31/23 - Stewardship Calling - Religious Freedom & Critical Legal Issues For Christians Living Their Calling
- 03/29/23 - His Eminence Archbishop Mark's Seminarians Appeal, Pascha 2023
- 02/25/23 - His Eminence Archbishop Mark's 2023 Lenten Message
- 02/24/23 - 2023 Annual Lenten Teen Retreat - please see Schedule and Registration
- 01/20/23 - His Eminence Archbishop Mark's Letter on Diocesan Summer Camp Fee Waiver
- 01/06/23 - A Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year!