1911 - 2019
CHRIST IS IN OUR MIDST!
Welcome to our Church. God Bless You.
St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church is located on the corner of Front Street and Welles Street in the Hanover section of Nanticoke. The outside edifice is quaint but presents an impressive view from many vantage points in the surrounding area. Whether driving into town from the North or standing at the end of Market Street in the town looking out from the south/west over the Hanover section, where the lovely gold cupolas shine above the treetops, St. John's provides a warm and inviting welcome to all to "Come and See" (John 4:29)
- 06/23/19 - Church Feast and Archpastoral visit
- 04/14/19 - Archpastoral Visit
- 01/29/19 - Holy Synod's Pastoral Letter regarding issues in the Ukraine: Archpastoral Letter
- 01/18/19 - Due to the snow storm all services are cancelled for Sunday January 20th.
- 01/01/19 - A Happy, Healthy, and Blessed New Year!
- 11/25/18 - There will be no services on Sunday December 2nd.
- 10/30/18 - His Beatitude's Archpastoral letter on the shooting in Pittsburgh October 27th: Click Here
- 10/28/18 - General Assembly meeting.
- 10/10/18 - Pearl Zupko fell asleep in the Lord. Memory Eternal!
- 08/11/18 - We will have Liturgy service on Dormition Feast, Wednesday 8/15/18 at 9 AM
- 07/09/18 - There will be no services on Sunday July 15th and 22nd. Readers service only on Sunday July 29th.
- 02/20/18 - Click to download the 2018 Lenten Mission Service Schedule
- 02/18/18 - Forgiveness Sunday - Vespers served right after the Divine Liturgy followed by the ritual of forgiveness. " O Lord and Master of my life..."
- 02/15/18 - Clergy Retreat - Aston, PA
- 01/29/18 - There will be no Vespers service on Saturday, February 3rd. The Sacrament of Confession can now be administered on Sundays, after the Divine Liturgy. Please contact Fr. Stafiuc for more details.